Sunday, December 25, 2011

Portraits of Illustrious Personages of Great Britain by Edmund Lodge


Last night, Christmas Eve, I put a next job on my work bench, examining it while sipping a beer. No party, no family gathering, just me and a book and my Master in the bindery, who never bothers me. You might think I've got a lonely life! No, no, that's not true. I like my somewhat unsocial life as it is. As I get older, I often find myself avoiding to join in a circle of people, and prefer being alone, doing what I like when I like it. It's just become too complicating and rather tedious to be around people as time goes by. To remind you, my friends are all remarkable & great people. It just me who's eccentric. I like doing different personality tests et al, and always get a "rare" type of result that very few people have. (type called INFJ for example. It's so rare that people with this personality even created "clubs" of some sort to share their thoughts about things in general because no one can understand them!! hahaha) and no, I'm not part of them. Remember? I'm INFJ. ) Anyway, if you wanna know about me, check out INFJ on the internet. The description is too accurate to believe. I'm the most skeptical of all people I know, so, of course, I did check those personality tests to find out if they are genuine. Well, if you know me, and if I decline to be at your party, please understand! So, the book, yes, the book on my work bench. It's Portraits of Illustrious Personages of Great Britain by Edmund Lodge, (1835). This particular volume is vol. 3&4 of a several-volume set. This client wanted to do the restoration of the whole set one by one as it's rather costly to do at once. I've been restoring this set for a couple of years now, and looks like this is the last one!!! Congrats! Mr.G! Your book shelf is gonna be complete! (soon...) The restoration for this book is to re-hinge externally and internally, and repair the corners as well as some surface treatment. The client needs this book to be completed by the end of next week, so I'd better get going. ~~  P.S. I DID make a video recording on sewing books, but it's become 15 min. long, and I couldn't post it on YouTube.. (I don't have a cell phone, (you what!?!?) so I can't post a video longer than 10 min. Let me use your cell number, Ms. A, and I'll be able to post bookbinding instruction videos! )

 // For the completed work of this book, go to my latter post: Portraits of Illustrious Personages of Great Britain, Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment