Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bible Record Reproduction


I take a small break every 20 minute or so, as my total concentration doesn't last more than 30 minutes. So, I decided to use this break to post a set of before/after pictures of the family record reproduction I talked about last time. Because this is my client's personal property, the picture above is cropped and only a partial written name is visible. For my fellow bookbinders, do consider doing this family record reproduction service for your client. And for those of you who are fortunate to have a Family Bible with records intact, you can do the same thing by yourselves. Let's keep the tradition alive for your future generation! (I sound like a cheer leader..?)


::UPDATE ::
-------------------------------
My master told me that he informed the client of this Bible about this blog because their Bible's being featured here. Well, If you are checking out this blog now, I'm pleased to tell you it's about 70% done, and what's basically  left to do is to put the original spine back on and restore the surfaces. Those fragmented surface areas have been mended and ready for the final finish. The Bible will be completed within 24 hours. I took a picture of the Bible when I was leaving the bindery tonight. It's sleeping in the press overnight. ...zzzzz....
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment